Alcohol Regulations
The serving and selling of alcohol to the public and at events is regulated by the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB).

Permits that apply to events at LCCA may be applied for online:

Special Occasion License

Banquet Permit

Individuals who serve alcohol under a Special Occasion License must have been certified under the Mandatory Alcohol Server Training program (MAST). This training is available online and a list of providers of MAST training may be found here:

MAST Providers

LCCA's staff can help you navigate the process when you arrange your event rental. Call us at 360.468.2203 or email us at [email protected].

Serving alcoholic beverages at your event

LCCA's Alcohol-serving policies vary depending on the type of event due to regulations by Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) as well as whether alcohol is sold or served for free.

Who may sell alcohol?

A licensed 501(c)3 Non-profit organization may serve alcohol if it obtains a Special Occasion License from WSLCB with the permission by LCCA. It may take 45-60 days to obtain this license. All alcohol servers must be MAST certified.

A caterer who is licensed by the WSLCB to sell and serve alcohol.

Who may serve alcohol for free?

Alcohol may only be served for free at private events that are not open to the public. The event host must obtain a banquet permit from the WSLCB.


Additional insurance may be required for events that serve alcohol. Obtaining and paying for this insurance is included in the registrations process.